Steve Perry Working on New Album

Published on May 13th, 2008

stevebwmay2

Rumors are circulating in the midst of Journey‘s new album Revelation that original vocalist Steve Perry may be working on a solo album. Here is a quote from a GQ article that started the stir:

“I get a slightly different take from Steve Perry… Perry, who’s finally started working on his first album of new material since leaving Journey…

The rumor is causing a lot of conversation on the MelodicRock.com forums, and we can certainly see why. Perry hasn’t released a solo album since 1994, and after leaving Journey in 1996 after the release of Trial by Fire and before the highly anticipated tour, he has been living out of the spotlight.

Share Button

Comments

1. Posted by Anonymous on June 30th, 2008, 22:06 [Reply]

Dear Mr Perry,
    I am a women in my sixties who must watch your Escape tour at least once a week. Your beautiful voice and wonderful personlity has kept me young. Of course the wonderful songs you have written with such feeling bring back many memories. My husband says that I am obssessed with you, and he is probably right. I truly hope you will do a show without the Journey Band,you and your voice is all your fans need to have you back again.
    To meet you would be one of the joys I can add to the many I have over the years. Please come back to us soon. I am from Holyoke,Massachusetts, so if you plan to do a concert please do it where I can travel to see you again. thanks for all the good feelings your music has brought to so many of over the years.
    Sincerely,
    Leslie

2. Posted by Anonymous on July 27th, 2008, 14:42 [Reply]

Just one more time Steve. My dying wish.

3. Posted by Anonymous on August 5th, 2008, 15:20 [Reply]

Hi Steve Perry you have the best voice that i’ve ever heard i live in canada my husband and i just loooveee yyyooouuu our dream is to meet you one day lol as if it’s possible i keep telling him but who knows anyway i also wish you sing again and come to toronto i hope the rumers are true that you are writing and will record again i can’t wait to hear your beautiful voice again i’m sure you will rock this world i’m so proud that ou are portuguese so are wee .

Sincerely, Lucia from Canada.

4. Posted by Anonymous on August 8th, 2008, 14:37 [Reply]

Found at StevePerryOnline/net:

“Arnel Pineda can sing, he’s great,” says Randy Jackson. “But no one … no one will ever be Steve Perry. He’s one of the greatest singers to ever grace the microphone.” Jackson visited the studio during work on the Revelation album. “I heard a few songs,” says Jackson. “I think they’re doing really well.” As for ex-Journeyman Perry, “He’s doing his thing,” says Jackson. “Steve’s fine. I actually had lunch with him about a month ago. He’s working on hot stuff, too.”

May I dare to dream?

5. Posted by Anonymous on August 10th, 2008, 14:27 [Reply]

Another webpage with people treating this guy like one of the Gods of Greek Mythology. Seriously, I think Perry at this point would prefer to be regarded as a regular human being. Like he sounded like he needed a lozenger when recording some of his Street Talk music. I hope he records something I read a while back about more hard rock music. He went power ballad crazy on his FTLOSM and TBF sessions and it would be refreshing to hear new styles from the Escape/Frontiers era.

6. Posted by Anonymous on September 2nd, 2008, 11:56 [Reply]

Hi, Steve, could you find it in your heart to forgive the impatient Journey members’ decision back in 1998? Ten years are precious enough to learn the course of forgiving. It is a part of the purposes of our journey in this life. Please let your gifted voice be heard in public soon again. Inspire this mundane world with your artistic touch in music once more, for us and for the generations to come. All the best!

7. Posted by Anonymous on September 6th, 2008, 20:17 [Reply]

ok, now I seriously doubt he will ever read this but I am a 25 yr old woman who has worn out two ( my first cassette ever was street talk)copies of street talk and two cds of for the love of strange medicine.. (thanks for rereleaing them! it was getting hard to find) I have waited 14 years now for something new from you.. pretty please with sugar on top give me something new to listen to! not to mention the chance to maybe see you in concert??? I would love that. I don’t think you have any idea what that would mean to me!!! You were my first crush!!! LOL and may I say have only gotten better looking over the years! too bad I am happily married!!

8. Posted by Anonymous on October 11th, 2008, 13:02 [Reply]

I grew up with Journey and was devastated when Steve Perry’s heavenly voice went silent. The passion, the pain, the prolific intonation that left me soaring magnificant highs and lows. The idea of hearing that voice again. The idea of maybe hearing that voice in person. Whatever you do Mr. Perry, your music left an imprint on me that will remain forever. God Bless. MSK864

9. Posted by ray elarmo on November 16th, 2008, 10:58 [Reply]

I PLAYED WITH STEVE PERRY IN A CLUB CALLED THE EL RANCHO IN HANFORD CALIFORNIA JUST BEFORE HEADING TO SAN FRANCISCO. I HAVE SINCE MET WITH HIM AT PEBBLE BEACH JUST BEFORE THE 49ERS SUPER BOWL WITH THE DOLPHINS. ANYWAY HE ASKED ME TO CONTACT HIM AT COLUMBIA AND NEVER DID. JUST GAVE HIM PRIVACY. MAYBE LUNCH AT PEBBLE SOME DAY

10. Posted by Anonymous on November 25th, 2008, 13:35 [Reply]

Hi Steve, I am a 23 year old woman who absolutely LOVES your voice. I have every song you’ve ever sang pre and post journey. I think that you have an amazing gift. Please come back and continue to grace the world with your beautiful voice. If you bring out a new CD, you would have already sold 20 copies with just me :) My friends and I would love to see you perform
    live some day soon. Please say you’ll come back.

11. Posted by johnny todd on November 27th, 2008, 15:50 [Reply]

I met Mr. Perry a few years ago in Fayetteville. I had the pleasure of conversation and celebration of something very special. thanks for lettig me have time , i sent roses and you gave me an autograph. Mr.Perrymy mother was termailly ill lost her fight with cancer. But you will never know how much it ment to meet you.I prayed to get the opportunity to thank you personally for the gift you shared with all your fans. and it shocked me that the good lord heard my prayer and answered it.my aunt even wrote Oprah Winfree and asked if she could make my wish come true. because i was so depressed and torn down, you could lift my spirit. I am an invalid once paralized.But the lord worked it out another way. My aunt and every one was shocked,Because i had prayed and asked for this desire if God was real to let me meet you ,and told people my wish.Before it happened so it freaked eveyone out . I was sing when you love a woman , to my mom and s person asked if i knew who the singer was , i said oh yes my favorite singer ,she invited me to go with her. I met you and someone very special shared a special time in your life. thank you soooo much . and steve i kept my promise and didnt tell no one you were there only the friend who brought the roses. im poor but thats the only way to thank you . god bless you and friends and relatives. cant wait to get your new music . I hope you remember me, i had cds in my car and you waited to autograph them , and a pillow case. always your friend johnny todd,

12. Posted by julee on January 2nd, 2009, 17:24 [Reply]

Dear Steve, I talked to Bill the other day he said you are coming out with a new album. I am so excited! I can’t wait to go buy it. I love your voice! Jule’e

13. Posted by Jperry3princess on January 11th, 2009, 16:43 [Reply]

Was this before it was announced about the very best of Steve Perry or after? I already have 2 preorders for the very best of and I’m going to the store as well to get my 3rd copy just to see something new on the shelf of Steve. I hope Steve does whatever makes Steve happy. He deserves that. It would be really great to see him come back. the screams have not died down and the cheers live on. He just needs to hear them. I was lucky to see him W Journey twice. It was really great. I’ve seen the FTLOSM concert in Tn as well, all I can say is, it was better then the 2 Journey concerts I went too. I wanted to chase him down the stage and ‘happy birthday sexy dance’ with him and touch that hair! No Steve is not a god, we do not lust or think naughty of the aboves, but he is heaven to the eyes and ears. My my my my myyyyy!! xoxoxo

14. Posted by lattinah312 on January 13th, 2009, 15:21 [Reply]

Steve Perry, I'm 40 years old now but in 1981, you were my first crush, infatuation & love of music. You filled so many parts of me with your soul. I will be reborn again if you give this world the delight of your heavenly voice again! I fell in love with you & never fell out. I never had a tattoo & never thought of getting one but I'm tempting of getting one of your beautiful face. (My husband of 18 years, may get upset because he has my name on his arm but he'll have to deal with it!) I love you, forever more!

15. Posted by Anonymous on January 15th, 2009, 17:43 [Reply]

Hey there…..

Thanx for mentioning the Melodic Rock Journey Board here….it’s most appreciated!

Nora (aka “TRAGChick”)

16. Posted by Anonymous on January 27th, 2009, 18:04 [Reply]

Only two things would make the world of Rock and Roll complete – The original members of Led Zeppelin going on a world tour and Steve Perry reuniting with Journey. There is no voice that has more range, more depth and more feeling that Steve’s. We miss you!

17. Posted by dakotas_back on February 1st, 2009, 18:25 [Reply]

Dear Steve,
    It has been years since our paths have crossed in Alaska, yet You are always somewhere in my heart or on my mind. I want to start by saying Thank you for all you have been and all you are now. I just started watching the pre-game for the superbowl and I was saddened to hear the absence of the voice who made Journey….Journey. I had to turn it. You are such a special man not only as a voice but as a human being and know you will shine even brighter than you know. We love you out here in fan land….and my God do we want to hear your beautiful voice again. They say that painful memories of the past only make us grow, well if that is so, think of how big we will become…. We do love you, I wish i still had contact, but if it is meant to be, it will be. Please know that we sit in wait to be graced with the “Voice” of all voices to return to us. The ultimate joy of my life was to meet you face to face and feel the love from your spirit. You are a wondrous man. And I miss you. We miss you. How can we help you and how can we ever thank you for all the love and energy you gave to us. All the joy and all the flutters of our hearts as you sang, Oh my goodness….all those beautiful songs…but they were beautiful because of the man, and the voice….behind them.
    Hy’ukah Akyatah…(blessings to your life)
    My eternal gratitude and love,
    Dakota

18. Posted by rubyrose21 on February 9th, 2009, 14:13 [Reply]

Dear Steve:

Time can do many things, but no matter how much time passes NO ONE has been able to replace you as my favorite artist. Your voice is magic to my heart and the melodies that you created always have the same effect as they did when they were “new”. Time can’t change how perfect your music is. Timeless and beautiful. Please sing again and let me have a chance to see and hear you sing live again! May God bless you in your future endeavors!
    Love a long long time fan,

Karen L.

19. Posted by Anonymous on February 16th, 2009, 02:12 [Reply]

Steve,
    I am from Melbourne, Australia. You may or may not be aware but at the moment we are being devestated by bushfires. Entire towns are being wiped out and families have been obliterated. It is amazing that when I recently volunteered to lend assistance in a quickly erected tent city, the first thing I heard was music – Dont stop believeing. How these families needed that reassurance. Hearing that song sent shivers through me. I have been a Journey/Steve Perry fan for a very long time. Unlike the majority, I have been able to appreciate Journey post Steve Perry. I wasnt enraptured with Steve A, but Arnel has a remarkable voice. But Journey was, and always will be Steve Perry. I loved Street Talk and discovered For the Love of Strange Medicine overseas (not available in Australia). What I would give for a new release from Steve Perry!!! That would near on make my life complete. Confirmation would be close to that but oh – just to hear those pipes again. All the very best Steve.
    andykay888@hotmail.com

20. Posted by Anonymous on March 4th, 2009, 16:20 [Reply]

Dear Steve

I am glad to finally tell you this.

I am a huge fan of your work. You have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my life. With or without Journey, You are amazing. The new singer of Journey cant replace you, You made Journey my all time favorite band, and you were the reason I loved them so much. Whenever I was sad and lonely. Hearing your voice on my I-Pod always cheered me up and made me feel happy inside. When I had my first kiss the song; When You Love a Woman was playing in my head, and I thought of you. Anyway, I really hope to hear new material from you soon. And I would love for you to come to Richmond, Virginia. That would make my entire life light up to see my favorite singer live.

Sincerely

Your Fan Forever

21. Posted by Robert on March 28th, 2009, 17:48 [Reply]

Steve — — we’re waiting!!! Let’s get it (new CD) done!! Can’t wait!

22. Posted by Jerry Anderson on May 26th, 2010, 20:27 [Reply]

DEAR STEVE,

HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO’S VOICE WAS TOUCHED BY THE HAND OF GOD BE SO DAMN SELFISH AND TO KEEP IT FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD?

WHEN GOD TAKES YOU HOME, YOU’LL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR SELFESHNESS!

23. Posted by Val on June 27th, 2011, 17:00 [Reply]

I grew up with your music and always thought that my life was a journey. I have raised 2 children on another journey. They are all grown and I am on my own and find myself on yet another journey. Please Steve Perry need some new music for my now new journey.

24. Posted by Jane on July 29th, 2011, 12:06 [Reply]

I saw Journey many times and was and am still infatuated with Steve. He is my ideal guy!

25. Posted by Nita on July 29th, 2012, 18:24 [Reply]

Steve, you know that you are loved and missed by millions. Your music has touched our lives in many ways and continues to do so. I am saddened that I never had the opportunity to experience one of your concerts, but if you come back for a bit, I most definitely will be there. We all love your music, but love YOU more and miss you. Just to see you on stage in the spotlight again smiling (with those beautiful eyes) would be so memorable. I have heard Journey’s song “After All These Years” and it is a beautiful song, but the intense feeling you could have put into that particular song would bring tears to our eyes. I could visualize you singing it! It would go down in history like “Faithfully”. We stood by YOU after all these years and love and miss you. Hope this gets passed onto you somehow.

26. Posted by Ann Raneri on August 1st, 2013, 13:23 [Reply]

Steve,

It might be the best closure in your life is to have one more good bye concert. Myself and your fans feel open ended and would sure appreciate a farewell concert. You are so loved and missed and so hoping to hear you once in concert. I am 50 years old and would love to see you once before the big man calls my name! I am from Michigan so please have a concert here!

Comment guidelines, edit this message in your Wordpress admin panel